Your top 10 summer don’ts.
1. Don’t tan without sunscreen. I’m not going to pretend that I haven’t forgotten or intentionally foregone the Coppertone in the past, but I know that ultimately it is not worth it to be just one shade darker.
2. Socks with sandals. Just don’t.
3. Note to self, don’t complain about the heat. Soak it up. You’ll thank me in February.
4. Recognize your body type and don’t try to pull off an inappropriate bathing suit. This post-pregnancy summer, I will be embracing my place in the one-piece crowd.
5. Don’t forget to water your hanging baskets or they will shrivel up and die. I’ve seen it happen. Learn from my failures.
6. Dear girls in bikini tops, Save it for the beach. Sincerely, Those who don’t want an eye full. Don’t wear beachwear when you’re not on the beach.
7. Don’t take vacations that leave you needing a vacation from your vacation. Find time to relax and enjoy nice weather and time off work.
8. Don’t forget to fill the propane tank when it’s hovering near empty. There’s nothing worse than salivating over the prospect of grilled veggie burgers, only to be denied.
9. Don’t sit inside. Summer only comes once a year and you know you’ll be complaining about winter when it comes around. Take a walk, go to the beach, have a picnic and just frolic in general.
10. Don’t bite me. I’m talking to you mosquitos.
Thanks to Mama Kat for this writer’s prompt.